Why would you put your parent veteran in a nursing home instead of hiring home care?

olivia.dais262@gmail.com olivia.dais262@gmail.com

Why would you put your parent veteran in a nursing home instead of hiring home care?

Why would you put your parent veteran  in a nursing home instead of hiring home care?
franksmith1863 franksmith1863

Re: Why would you put your parent veteran in a nursing home instead of hiring home care?

I would rather put a question about short or long term home care. In home, short-term care, or skilled nursing can be provided to veterans who are homebound or live far away from a VA, for instance. Honestly, my family trusts that veterans home health care https://myallamericancare.com/veterans-health-care/  and feels quite well with their support.
freestown7 freestown7

Re: Why would you put your parent veteran in a nursing home instead of hiring home care?

I worked in a nursing home for several years. One day a 75-year-old woman brought in her 95-year-old mother. She helped her mother check in and unpack then she hurried toward the door. As she ran past the nurses’ station she called to me, “I’m sorry to rush off like this but I’ve got to pick up my great grandson at school in just a few minutes.”

The “children” of most nursing home residents are in their 60s and 70s. Many of them aren’t in good health themselves or they are taking care of a sick spouse or of their children or grandchildren or great-grandchildren. Maybe if they tried a little harder, they could keep their parents at home and take care of everybody. Then again - maybe not.